Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I was unable to

get to the second block of yesterday's quilt along because I was working on finishing this knitted sweater for my mom for Mother's Day. Take a look..


I started this sweater for myself over a year ago and put it down when the Christmas holidays came barreling toward me. It is a Elizabeth Zimmerman one and so very easy and fast. I used Cascade 220 (love that stuff). It looks really rumbled in this picture, I still have to weave in the ends and block it. I also might redo the ribbing at the bottom as I realized when I picked this back up that I did not use smaller needles for that part (I did for the sleeves though, go figure??).

Here is the current progress of the recent giant granny square blanket I have been working on when I have the time. It is to be for a friend and her new baby girl who I think is now 2 months old. Current size approximately 32 inches square, made with Lion Brand Cotton Ease (comes in lots of colors).


I will have this Thursday off for Harry Truman's Birthday ( I work for the local county government where he served as the leader of same way back when) and I am taking Friday off as well. I hope to be able to do some sewing then and get back on track with the whole quilt along project at that time. I still have to check why my seam allowance was off and Crazy Mom Quilts gave a good way to check same this week, very helpful. I tend to become a scatter brain when I go from craft project to another sometimes.
Friday is also my 12th wedding anniversary with this guy. Current picture shows us at the bowling alley and being goofy while second daughter took picture.

Currently we have no spectacular plans for same, maybe just a quiet evening out for dinner and movie.

Well, that is it for now, keep on crafting..

1 comment:

Ohjeeze said...

That sweater looks fabulous! is that self patterning yarn ?