Monday, April 28, 2008

Quilt A Long here I come...



I got started tonight on this. Did not take too long either, but there was a problem. My seam allowance is off. This was to square up at 12 1/2 inches and it did not. That would explain why my points are not matching up.

I am okay with that though. I can't recall actually making a quilt with the sewing machine I have now. On the old one I could use the edge of my sewing foot as a good guide for the 1/4 inch seam allowances and that is not working on this one. Practice makes perfect right? I even measured the foot before starting, but not accurately apparently. I knew I should of taken my time on that measurement. I am still happy with accomplishing this though in a few hours (if that really). I will try again in a few nights. Tomorrow my sister is coming over to use my house for a party(not what you are thinking). We have a cousin who sells stuff that is similiar to Home Interiors. My sister has too many kids and pets at her house and by using my house she gets out of cleaning her own, lucky her. What are big sisters for if you can't use their houses for stuff like this, huh?



I am off to relax for the rest of the evening. Me and the oldest daughter are going to start working out in the AM before work and tomorrow is the first day to begin. We tried this last week and she never showed up. I was up and dressed in my workout gear at 5 AM and she never showed. We ride together to the gym which is right around the corner from house. I could have gone by myself, but I need a partner for motivation. I am so lazy when comes to working out and hate it usually. I do feel more energized when I do it though, so I am trying to make it more of habit.

I will keep you posted on the quilting as long as long as I don't get discouraged and toss it to the side, but I really want to do this and keep it for myself this time. Don't worry, I am still knitting. I have a pair of socks that I am working on with the STR I got from last year. Love that stuff, but my budget does not. Recessions sucks!

2 comments:

Ohjeeze said...

I work out with my Mom also. She is 75 though. We work out next to each other, not really together, since we are on such differnt levels. Some days I wouldn't show up if I didn't know she was waiting for me, and vice versa. BTW, no one said you have to like excercising.

No One Home said...

My points didn't exactly come together either. I'm not worried about. I think your block looks great. I love red.