Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Monday, January 17, 2011
- For some reason, all I want to do is knit hats.
- They keep your head warm.
- They are fast and easy to knit up.
- And you can put them on your gbaby and she cant complain about it.
- I am liking this bullet format way too much.
- Today is a holiday for me, and I am in my pj's contemplating if I should stay in them all day and knit more hats.
- I think I am going to have to get dress though, as I did start taking the dog for walks so I gotta stick to that routine as he liked it of course.
- Those walks let me look at other peoples houses, and now I want to put a front porch on our house.
- I think it is doable as we built our deck on the back of the house.
- My husband is really good at carpentry.
- His day job is a HVAC specialist.
- His response to the porch building, "I am not doing that until it warms up."
- I said, "I know, I was thinking in the spring."
- One of my goals in life is to own a lake house, but that is so far in the future, it almost seems unattainable.
- Since we live only a mile from Longview lake, I am starting to think that our current home can just be our lake house.
- A lake house with a big inviting front porch.
- Now I can't stop googling for images of front porches.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Beret hat made for sister in law to match her mitts, from Ravelry, One day beret, I started this on Sunday during the Chiefs playoff game, and finished it on Tuesday morning. I have made three of these now, and keep giving them away, must make one for me to keep.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
- I read alot of books and have owned a Kindle for a little over a year now.
- I am in a book club and there are 11 of us in it.
- I was the first in our club to own a Kindle.
- There are now 6 of us that own one, and one that has a Nook.
- Those last few are starting to feel left out now.
- Our current book selection is the Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins.
- I read The Pioneer Woman blog and she inspires me.
- I have learned alot about digital photography from her.
- I still suck at taking pictures.
- But I love love trying to get better.
- I also read Soulemama blog.
- It makes me wish my kids were little again so I could be their mommy all over.
- I think I feel that way today because I babysat gbaby over the weekend.
- Our second gbaby is going to be a boy, so now we will have one of each to love up and spoil.
- I just want to spend the whole month of January in my pajamas at home and craft all month long.
- I think I need to start walking our dog daily, he sits at the window barking at all the other dogs going for a walk in the neighborhood.
- But it is January, cold and it snowed yesterday, and I am still in my pajamas right now.
- I feel good that we stuck to our budget for Christmas and there are no credit card bills due this month from the holiday.
- The holiday felt less stressed out last month and I did not have to wrap so many presents, YAY!
- Which meant that I actually had the time to wrap the few presents prettily and I made my own bows.
- My only new years resolutions is to try and be kinder to everyone around me.
- I have to remind myself of this at least once a day.
- It would be easier if they would just let me stay home in my pajamas and knit all day.
- And I am going to go do that right now.
Maine Morning Mitts made for my sister in law last weekend.
Sunday, January 02, 2011
Enough whining from me, now back to crafting. Happy New Year to you all, may it all be good!