Friday, April 25, 2008

Anticipation

Who Hoo, I am back! this month of April has not been my best at all. I have been feeling a little under the weather, but I think that is over now.
I think I am going to join in on this quilt a long over here. I have some red fabric that I picked up back in January that I have not found a pattern for that I wanted to make a quilt from. I think this will work though. I have not made a quilt in over 2 years and back when I was making them I was not near as productive as this blogger. She is inspiring to me though. I even want to try free motion quilting now because of her. In the past all I did was the basic quilting in the ditch and I was not even very good at that. Can not wait to start that project now.
I actually picked up my knitting needles a few days ago. I put them down for a while because of the aforementioned depression. I know I am not myself if my crafts at home do not interest me, which just makes me bluer so I am glad that is over now. Maybe it was a combination of the sinus infection and my job. Yep, I am going to blame the job, which really SUCKS lately, but I am hanging in there and trying to remain positive, which ain't easy let me tell you.
I did pick up a new knitting book last weekend, The Knitters Book of Yarn over here. Loads of information in it. I read a little each night in bed and fall asleep with it on my chest. It has been very interesting if you ever wanted to know about how yarn was made and from the different animals, plants, and man made materials that it comes from.
The month of May is coming up, which as I have said before is going to be a busy one for me. I also have my wedding anniversay on the 9th, and hubby and I trying to come up with somewhere we can go away for cheap and enjoy ourselves. We have a truck camper, so staying overnight somewhere is not a problem, just how far do we want to drive and spend all that money on GAS!! It is also Mother's day weekend and I want to be back on Sunday for my own mother to spend the day with her and my children as well. We considered going down south to a ATV riding area that we use about twice a year, but it is 200 miles south and if we have to come back way early on Sunday it may not be worth it. Although I would look forward to all that driving in the car time to knit of course. Who knows, maybe I can find something around the city for us to do on that day instead that would not cost a arm and leg.
Well, that is it for now, wish me luck on the new quilt project and I will try to post progress as I make it.

1 comment:

Ohjeeze said...

Sorry to hear about your depression. Hopefully it will all pass. If not, talk to your doctor about it. Sometimes people need meds for it, I hate to hear about suffering if you can treat it. The quilt looks great, it amazes me what you can do with needles and fabric. I've always wanted to learn to sew, and have never gotten around to it. The book looks good, and I might just pick it up myslef.