Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Vacation

Is finally here!! I am so happy, I am taking all of next week off from work. I am ready for Christmas to be here, but am not ready for it. This weekend I will wrapping all the gifts and finishing up the rag quilts. I got two more sewn up last weekend, and now have to cut all the edges.
I stocked up on movies to watch all week so I am set to get cozy in the house. We have a snow storm coming tomorrow. Here in KC we have been getting most of the winter storms on the weekends, which is a good thing. Just need to go to the grocery store to get Christmas dinner and we are set.
I did not get to the 7th rag quilt (for the youngest daughter boyfriend), but may do it over the vacation break. I am not going to push myself on that one, it can wait.
My son did his physical for the Marines last weekend, and passed everything but the eye test. He can go back and retry with his glasses, but is now having second thoughts about the whole thing. He has a stigmatism (SP?) in one eye but never wants to wear his eyeglasses. I think this was a big eye opener (no pun intended) for him. I am just glad that that worry is over the moment.
I went shopping last weekend with all the kids and the girls tried to freak me out. We were at the local Walmart, and we all separated and went our own ways, then met back up when it was time to check out. The girls threw stuff into the shopping cart since I was the only one with a cart. At the checkout counter I am taking things out and putting on the conveyor belt and picked up a EPT test out of the cart!!! My heart skipped a beat and I looked at my married daughter and asked her if she was trying to tell me something. She smiled and said no it was not here, but that Valerie (the 18 yr old and still in high school) had put it in the cart. When I looked at Valerie, she bursts out laughing at me!!! She said it was a joke and there was nothing to worry about. They are so funny!!

Anyways, everyone have a Merry Christmas and keep on knitting..

1 comment:

Ohjeeze said...

It's funny for me, but as a mom you need to have a certian type of humor. I hope you had that sense of humor.