Friday, November 30, 2007

I am still here...

It has just been crazy busy at work and I have been working some overtime in the evenings at home as well.

I did get two rag quilts done over the Thanksgiving holiday. Remember I said I had 5 to make for Christmas? I will begin work on the third this evening. Last weekend, I started the first one on a Friday evening and had the second one done by Sunday evening. These are going so quickly that I may even make one for my mom. I am stumped on what to get her for Christmas and this would be a great item for her as well. She appreciates the hand made items I make for her and that is a really good feeling. Here is Mom with her new dentures that she got a few weeks ago. She even brought over her own blender on Thanksgiving so that she could eat with us.

Below are the fabrics I had on hand for three quilts. Last Friday I was able to score some more flannel at Hancocks at 99 cents a yard!!! I will now be able to make two quilts for the boys in the family at less than 10 dollars a piece, and alot of labor involved.
Okay, this shot is not so good, it was early in the morning in the art studio and my hand shook. It is the second quilt done last weekend.
Here is the other one. Flannel comes in lots of children's designs and all my kiddos are over 18 now, so I go more for the colors when picking the fabrics out. Hubby said this one looked like candy, I agree.
Here they are stacked up. Sure hope those kids of mine like them.

Of course I am still knitting. Working on the log cabin blanket as time permits, it is just not my main focus at the moment. I am really enjoying my renewed passion for quilting. I have my knitting bag by the couch in the living room and pick it up when watching TV. I am currently working on trying to knit and actually watch TV at the same time, but fear that I will drop a stitch. You would think that with the log cabin I could do this in a snap since it is all knit stiches, but old habits are hard to change for me.




For now keep on knitting, quilting, or crafting whatever it is you enjoy!!

No comments: