Wednesday, June 09, 2010

So begins a new project

I cut this up last night.  It was really hard as it is part of a recent purchase online of designer fabric.  I think I got it from Fabric Worm.  I get most of my fabric from the local fabric store that is nearest me, Hancock Fabrics, which is fine but after reading all the quilting blogs, I wanted more.
I cut it into all 6 inch stips, then cut again into various lenghts of rectangles, anywhere from 5-14 inches or so. 
Now I am going to just sew them end to end into one big long strip.  Then cut that strip into the length or width (does it matter?) of the quilt size that I want.  I am going for a baby quilt so I am thinking in the 40inch to 50 inch range.  Square or rectangle?  Not sure yet.  Just gonna wing it, cause that is how I like to roll with this creative process.
I planned on sewing up here tonight in the art studio, but then the BIL and nephews made a stop by my house.  Had to feed the nephews popsicles and sit and chat with them on the deck.  Oh the shame of it all.  Stopping to enjoy life with the little ones in your life.  Makes you realize that that is what is important.  Not our boring uncreative jobs, the mortgage, or the bills, but life with little people.
Oh, to be 8 or 9 years again, it was all so simple then, huh?
I am going to try to remember that when I get bummed out in the future.
Ok, now back to crafting...

I,Jolene Rau pledge to talk more about my processes, even when I can’t quite put them in the in words or be sure I’m being totally clear. I’m going to put my thinking and my gut feelings out there.

No comments: