Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Counting the days

Till our annual adults only canoe trip. It is like our 15th year doing this and all of my kids are old enough to go now as adults.  We started this tradition years ago so that us adults would have one long weekend to go camping without the little ones.  My how the time flies.
This year I made home made hula hoops for us all to try out.  I made two last year that have been a huge hit when we go camping, so thought I would make more so everyone can have their own.  I also got glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets.  We really are just a bunch of 5 year olds in 40 year old bodies trying to have fun with life.
This year we are going to the Niangua River here in Missouri.  Great river that is not too far from home. 
On the home front we now have the youngest daughters boyfriend living with us.  He is off to the Middle East in August for his second tour of duty with the National Guard.  The oldest daughter who is expecting in November is doing just fine.  She is to find out next month if it is a boy or a girl.  We are also having the family over for a bar b q this weekend to celebrate our sons 23rd birthday.  YAY for parties!
On the crafting front, not much has been getting done around here.  I have bought lots of fabric lately, in anticipation of making lots of baby quilts.  I just havent settled on a design yet to try out.  I better get busy though, time flies in the summer around here.
Anyways, that is it around here, not much going on, the weather has been crummy for the spring, but today was nice and sunny and in the 70's which always makes me smile more.

No comments: