Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Its all good...


This evening finds me in the "art studio" (yeah!), working on another quilt. This one is the stacked coins quilt that is all over the sewing blogs. Super easy to put together. Tonight I am working on more free motion quilting and I think I am getting better. It does not look like a drunk person is working on this even though I am sipping on a glass wine this time in between my breaks while cruising the sewing blogs and getting more helpful hints on this fabulous technique.

I am loving this new quilting task, although it is a bit strenous on the arms, there is a lot of fabric to put thur the machine and my sewing arm is not that big. But I am liking how if I relax while doing it and not stress out so much worrying about messing it up it comes out better. It does take alot more thread then quilting in the ditch, which was the only quilting technique I would try in the past, but so worth it. I am thinking I might actual start liking sewing again, not that I would ever give up knitting, but I was more a sewing person before I picked up knitting.
It was also a beautiful day here in KC weather wise, and that always lifts my spirts as well. I hope this post finds all of you out there crafting as well.<>