Monday, July 28, 2008

I was a little productive this past weekend




So I had the house to myself all day this past Saturday and planned on doing lots of sewing. I wanted to work on my red and white quilt and get caught back up with the rest of the gang. I am on number 7 and last Monday they completed number 13. Then I wanted to try out my new sewing foot for quilting that I bought a month or so ago and just practice with it. But I did not do any of those things.


Instead I slept late til about 9:30 am, took my shower and went up to the art studio on the computer. I browsed some blogs and then I started and finished another pair of loungy pants. This time from some vintage sheets that I got my girlfriends lake house the weekend before. Now I need to make her a pair as that was the only way she would give me the sheets. They were fun to make except for the few mistakes I made that I had to rip out some stitches and redo. And so comfy!!

Then one Sunday we went to the lake near our house with my sister and her family. Here is a picture of one of my favorite nephews having a blast. He turned 7 this year and does not have to wear a life jacket unless he is in the water now. He was loving it!! Of course I would prefer that he wears it all the time, makes me feel better about it. So we let him take it off for a little while.


That is it for now. Sorry about not blogging as much as before, but summer has been so busy and I am enjoying it. Before I know it, it will be fall again and I will have to be indoors more than I like. I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer as well.

No comments: