Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Quilt a long square 3

Betcha you thought I gave up on the quilt a long huh? Well I didn't, but I am way way behind. I think they are on week 7 (square 7) and I just did square 3 last night. (sorry about the blurry picture, I was in a hurry this morning). This one was easy and I am getting better at matching up those points. You can still join if you want, it is never too late. Check out Crazy Mom Quilts blog if you are interested.

Here is another project I started as well from her blog. I think it is called the hour glass block. You basically just make a shitload of these squares (starts out as triangles though-directions on her blog) and then sew them up together. It is good for a scrappy quilt and I have plenty of those. I gave it a shot last night instead of working on another block for the quilt along. Yes, I like having too many projects going at once, keeps me interested. HA! HA!

I ordered some cascade 220 from webs (it was on sale) and started another wool sweater with the color work at the top from Elizabeth Zimmerman. Those are so easy. I was even knitting in the dark last night while watching the second season of Weeds on DVD (love that show!). I never do that (knit in the dark), and it was very liberating. To watch TV and knit at the same time without having to keep watching my hands, loved it. I usually just listen to the TV and then miss all the action. Of course this was just knitting in the round, kinda hard to mess that up. Believe me though when it comes to the color work and knitting with two hands, I will not be able to do anything but keep my head bent to my work and the color chart. I have to tune everything else out so I do not mess up.

2 comments:

Emily Cole said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one behind... I'm working on Block #4 tonight, and have already had to rip one seam... Maybe if I took a look at it blurry, I wouldn't notice my non-matchy seams...Yours look really good!

Ohjeeze said...

I've never heard of that show until now, but now I have to see it!