Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My daughter is knitting!!!

Here she is, our oldest, Sirena. Last month as I told you all on this blog, she showed renewed interest in learning this craft. She came over on New Year's Day for me to show her how to bind off her garter stitch dishcloth I started her on. The above picture shows her beginning work on a new dishcloth, the actual ball band dishcloth from the Maxon Dixon book (I really need to learn how to add links on this blog). This way she can learn the purl stitch and learn how to read a pattern. The picture below shows her first completed project. Not bad for her first project. Of course it has all the usual mistakes you would expect from someone learning, but the the last few inches show that she got that knit stitch down flat!! I am so very proud of her.
Since she had to get into my own stash of cotton yarn in order to start a new project, I told her that this coming weekend we should make a trek to the actual yarn store. Can not wait to see her reaction to that shopping experience. I think I will take her to the Plaza to The Studio shop. Just got a email from them that they have some new yarns in. This is my all time favorite yarn shop to shop at (not that we have a abundance of yarn stores in the Kansas City area). I do like to shop online as well, but hate the waiting period for it to come in the mail. I do like instant gratification when I spend my hard earned money.

I have now also joined the Midwest Knitters ring. I hope to make lots of new knitter friends in this ring and hope to find some locally as well.

Keep on Knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay mom, you can take that ugly pix off now. I have betters you can post now. Besides you can see all my mistakes in my first practice piece!! I have gotten much better.

I will be starting my own blog just as soon as I have time. Thanks for teaching me mom . . .Knitting is so much fun! I think I am addicted now!!! Can't Stop!!!