Wednesday, September 13, 2006


Okay, I have finally done it. After reading a lot of other knitter's blog's I just had to take the plunge. So here I am on my own blog. Not sure what I am doing yet, but determined to figure it out. I am anxious to post some of my recent finished knitting items as well.
Last weekend I worked on my first felted project, some felted boxes from the new Mason Dixon book. They turned out fabulous I must say! Although every member of my family, immediate and extended, had to ask the same question when I showed them my work, "What are you going to do with them?" What!? What do you mean, what am I going to do with them?
Well, for one, they are a set of three nesting boxes. They can be used in my home to catch whatever small or a little bigger items I can think of. They can be used as a home decoration in the scheme of my mismatched home decor in whatever room I choose. They can be given away as birthday gifts, holiday gifts, or to whomever I feel is worthy enough of my hard work of knitting these lovely boxes.
The first small box of the set of three, is now sitting on the nightstand of my lovely hubby. He comes home with lots of little do dads from his work (i.e. nuts, bolts, screws, scraps of paper) where they usually get put on his nightstand and can roll off, lay there for eternity, or drive me crazy because it looks messy and dirty when I occasionally clean up on his side of the bed. So there, lots of little uses for these wonderful nesting boxes :-) !

For now, keep on knitting!

No comments: