Thursday, March 22, 2007

Comments in Blog Land

I am back, was not blogging for a while or knitting really. Guess I lost my mojo for a while. But it is coming back now. Maybe it was the whole end of winter thing going on, and on, and on.
I have been reading lots of blogs though (and not commenting, shame on me) and came across a interesting conversation going on over here about the whole commenting on blogs. I have to agree that I think it is sad when you come across a blog that no one is leaving comments on. Mostly because my own blog is that way. It really does not bother me that no one leaves me comments, but when I do get a comment it is the best thing that has happened to me that day. It makes me feel that whatever I am blogging about someone is reading/listening to what I am saying. I am not a invisible blogger out here. I do know that I have friends at work that do read my blog on occasion, and they hardly ever leave a comment, but they do comment to me in person about whatever I wrote about on my blog. Sometimes I will secretly think to myself when they comment to me in person about why did they not just put that in the comment section to me. But I do not take it personally that they do this, or that no one leaves me comments, because as I said earlier in this entry, I myself am not a great commentor as well.

I do agree with January One about the whole blogging thing being a relationship and that a relationship takes care in building it and nurturing it. I think one of the reasons that I am not a commentor is that I do not think my writing style is up to par when compared to alot of the others blogs that I read. I do not currently aspire to be a writer (used to think that I should write a novel about my weird circle of friends), and I do not take care in my writing to make sure that I am using the English language properly. I just write when I want to and what I feel at the time. I blog because I like to post pictures and talk about my knitting projects. I like feeling that I am part of this whole knitting community that is out there in Internet land. I know that I can reach out to any one of these bloggers and feel confident that they will reach out back to me. I guess I have not done that because I have not been very good at nurturing my own real life friendship lately. Maybe it is because I am getting older, selfish, tired, or whatever. It does take effort though and sometimes I just want to read other blogs and knit and be inspired by their blogs. I should make more of a effort though when I am inspired by these artist though, because I do know that feeling when you get a comment on your own blog. It is spring, which for me always means new beginnings, so here is to blog land and making comments (lifts coffee cup in toast!).

For now, keep on knitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I blogged only to get comments, I would have stopped long ago. The whole "discussion" that is going on is kind of interesting. Meta blogging. ha.

But, comments are nice, because then you know who is out there reading & a body can read back! :)

Knittymama said...

I have so many friends and family who read my blog and they never comment either. My mom just left her first comment last week after two years! And my friends always say things like "I saw those socks on your blog." Funny.